GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
to All students
Including Incoming Freshmen.
to apply or download a copy of the 2017-2018 scholarship.
DEADLINE: March 1, 2017
Each semester scholarship funds are given to deserving students.
Funds will be remitted to the Financial Aid Office prior to registration each semester.
Scholarship applications can be submitted electronically or by mail as follows:
MAIL TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
Alabama A&M University Alumni Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 1717
Normal, AL 35762
Many scholarship opportunities are available throughout the year. Please bookmark the site as a favorite and visit it often as scholarship opportunities are posted as they become available.
Below are links to some scholarship resources.
Click here to visit AAMU Alumni chapters for scholarships
Click on these other Resources:
SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Karen Renea Epps, Committee Chair
Regional V.P., Region VI
Albert Benifield, Regional V.P., Region IV
SanYvette Foy-Williams, Member-At-Large
Bivian Woody, Regional V.P., Region III
INTERNSHIPS / SCHOLARSHIPS
Click on these resources for more information:
© 2013 Alabama A & M University National Alumni Association. All Rights Reserved
ALABAMA A&M NATIONAL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIPS
The National Alumni Association of Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University award scholarships annually to students who will attend or are currently enrolled at Alabama A&M University.
The Scholarship Application is available in November and closes in March. Click here
to apply or download a copy of the application.
AAMU SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
The Alumni Association Awarded 18 Scholarships for the 2017-18 Academic Year.
CLICK HERE to see our 2017-2018 scholarship recipients.
2016-2017 Scholarship Recipients
2015-2016 Scholarship Recipients
To apply for a scholarship, the following documents are required:
1. A completed scholarship application. Click here to download an application.
2. A two-page minimum autobiographical essay conveying the student's future goal and how Alabama A&M University can help with goal achievement.
3. A copy of official acceptance of admission to Alabama A&M University (incoming freshman only)
4. A copy of the current years' Financial Aid Award Letter (delete SSN and Date of Birth)
5. An official transcript of grades in a sealed envelope.
6. ACT or SAT scores (incoming freshmen only)
7. At least two letters of recommendations.
8. A wallet sized photograph.
9. A self-addressed envelope with the scholarship application if written notification of the award is desired.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to receive consideration for a National Alumni Association Scholarship:
1. Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above, or a financial need.
2. Taken the ACT or SAT and provide scores with the application (incoming freshmen only).
3. Official accepted for enrollment (incoming freshmen) or current student attending Alabama A&M University on a full-time basis.
REQUIREMENTS OF SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Scholarship Recipients must fulfill and meet the following requirements:
1. Join and become an active member of the Pre-Alumni Association.
2. Volunteer three hours or more a week with the Office of Alumni Affairs.
3. Mail a copy of Fall Semester grades to the Scholarship Committee by January 5 of the following year.
4. Attend the Founders Day celebration activities.
5. Connect with an Alumni Chapter in home town.
6. Write a thank you letter to the National Alumni Association, Inc.
1. Never pay for a scholarship. Money should be given not taken away.
2. Research unknown organizations to determine their validity.
3. Make sure your application package is complete.
4. Meet the scholarship deadlines.
5. Have someone review your essay.
6. Apply for scholarships that you may not be eligible to receive.
7. Check with the Dean or Professors about scholarships for your major.
TOP 10 BLACK HISTORY MONTH SCHOLARSHIPS
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Read More Here..